Final Book, this is screen shots of the PDF I sent to the printers.
At the moment I am on schedule on, my first deadline is the 8th of May, I have just about finished the book and went to the printers to give them a physical mock up so they can see clearly the size and the format of the book and where the fold will go and how it is opened so there will hopefully be no mistakes. I am going over the copy of the book and making sure there is no speling mistakes and is makes sense.
The printers need a hight quality resolution PDF with crop marks, I will need to make sure all the images that come off the pages need a 3mm bleed. I am going to send it to print tomorrow for sure, I will send them a PDF through email and it will be printed by Wednesday.
The supporting work for this project is near enough finished I have two sketch books, note book and an A1 folder with prints in. I am going to give in the recorded interview I did on disk and make sure everything is labelled correctly.
After the tutorial I made many tweaks to the book, one thing I will mention that got brought up is that way that the book opened, I changes the layout so the pages folded in the correct way, this is the way I will send it to the printers and I will show them a mock up so they know exactly how it is going to be folded. Also when changing the layout I had to remove two pages on the second spread but I did get a quote before for 8 pages either side for £80 with Digital Press and that is how many pages I have so there will be no extra cost.
What has changed from the tutorial is the way I have displayed the news paper articles, people found it confusing between what the two people said to the newspaper, so I have made it more obvious that it a newspaper article by making it an image.
I changed the font when Frances and Mark talks by making the colours more dominate and bigger because when showing the group they said the newspaper writing was jumping out at them and was the first thing they looked at. I didn’t necessarily wanted the articles to be the first thing people saw, I wanted them to be in the background.
Also one the spreads the front and back page is on the same side so when it is printed it will be in the right place when it is folded up.
I think the book it getting there but there is a few things that still need to be tweaked hopefully it will be done by tomorrow lunch time so I can send it to the printers.
This is the new layout using the grid
I have now changed my grid to something simple so it will be clearer and I will have to stick to it so throughout you will be able to see there is a graphic system. The two images at the top show the grid and show how I am using it.